[Resident Psychiatrist] Cameron Myers

Moderator: Supervisors

Cameron Myers
Visitor
Visitor

[Resident Psychiatrist] Cameron Myers

Post by Cameron Myers »

PRELIMINARY APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
Position: Resident Psychiatrist — Department: Department of Mental Health Services — Duration of Position: Continuous

I. PERSONAL INFORMATION
  • 1.1 Title: Dr.
  • 1.2 First name(s): Cameron
  • 1.3 Last name: Myers
    1.4 Date of Birth: 25/03/1996
    1.5 Phone number: 5932006
    1.6 Email address: Eugeniu#[email protected]
    1.7 Place of Birth: New York
    1.8 Nationality: American
    1.9 Residential address: # South Rockford Dr., Los Santos, San Andreas
    1.10 Job position: Resident Psychiatrist

II. EDUCATION
  • 2.1 Name of High School: Xavier High School
  • 2.2 Year of graduation: 2015
  • 2.3 Name of College/University (or N/A): Columbia University
  • 2.4 Year of graduation: 2018

III. EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
  • 3.1 Contact information of your last employer(s): The Manhattan Psychiatric Center
  • 3.2 Do you have any noteworthy job experience relevant to this vacancy? If so, where?
    Experience is based on accumulating theoretical knowledge and applying them on a daily basis. Supervised and unsupervised interaction with the patients, being aware of what knowledge I have and what's missing, helped me prosper in my 5 year residency with the Manhattan Psychiatric Center. Being open to receive feedback from older or newer colleagues helped me gather as much information as I could in relation with how to deal with mental illness, depending on each and every patient, since every human being is different, and each has it's own reality.
    As a psychiatrist resident, I had the following duties, which I believe would very much apply for a position with the PHMC:
    Written exams to evaluate the accumulated knowledge every month.
    Observing and taking notes based on each patients needs, being able to apply whatever knowledge
    was learned during the process.
    Capacity to self evaluate and provide feedback to myself, therefore learning each passing day.
    Providing different treatments based on each patient's affection.
    Providing improvement ideas in a monthly meeting with the team would facilitate my self development and self growth towards this direction
    My verbal expressivity greatly improved, as I had to deliver the diagnostic to people that are very different in the way they're thinking.
    Working with both children, young adults, and adults helped me understand the way the mind works for each age.
    Dealing with difficult patients would also be a great addition to my application, as my critical thinking drastically improved.

IV. MOTIVATIONAL LETTER
  • 4.1 Please explain why you have decided to apply for this vacancy.
    Working with and helping sick people was something I wanted to do since I was the age of 16.
    My greatest motivation is that my mother had schizophrenia and it helped me understand the different realities people live.
    I do believe I could make a change and help those who need help, and attempt to be the best at it everyday. believe psychiatry is a challenging but rewarding field of medicine. Rather than treating a physical disease, I help patients examine their moods and thoughts. This job is satisfying to me because I enjoy listening to my patients' experiences and helping them manage their mental illnesses.
    For me, the most important part of becoming a psychiatrist is building a relationship with each patient. While everyone has a unique history and set of experiences, patients may share some common difficulties. Making these connections helps me build trust with my patients at intake appointments and onward in their treatment

V. CRIMINAL HISTORY
  • 5.1 Do you have a criminal record?
    [] YES [X] NO
    5.2 If yes to the previous question, please elaborate (or N/A):
    N/A

((VI. ADMIN RECORD))

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & AUTHORIZATION

By submitting this application, I, Cameron Myers, hereby certify that all questions contained in this document were met with truthful statements. I fully authorize the investigation of any content shared on this document. I am aware that lying, omitting, plagiarizing, or maliciously adulterating this application will result in immediate denial and an indefinite ban from applying for future job vacancies.

Mikey Lions
Visitor
Visitor

Re: [Resident Psychiatrist] Cameron Myers

Post by Mikey Lions »

LOS SANTOS CITY GOVERNMENT
PILLBOX HILL MEDICAL CENTER
ELGIN AVENUE/STRAWBERRY AVENUE, PILLBOX HILL, LOS SANTOS, SA

Pillbox Hill Medical Center - Administrative Services Department
Application Status - Received

Dear Dr. Myers,

With this letter, we would like to inform you that we have received your application. Your application is right now being assessed by the Human Resources board.

Expect a conclusive reply about the outcome of your application within the next seven (7) days.

Warmest regards,
Dr. Mikey Lions
Head of the Department of Mental Health Services
Board of PHMC Management

D.O. on Psychiatry
Ph.D. on Psycholinguistics
MA on Clinical, Social and Intercultural Psychology
BA on Psychology

Pillbox Hill Medical Center
Mikey Lions
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Mikey Lions »

Application Status - Interview Stage

Dear Dr. Myers,

We are excited to inform you that you have been successful in progressing to the interview stage of the application. You will be required to come for a face-to-face interview with a member of the Human Resources Department of the Department of Mental Health Services.

Please contact one member of the Human Resources department listed below to set up a time. This must be done before 72 hours, or the application will be automatically denied.

Director Dr. Mikey Lions, PhD, D.O. - [email protected], PH 3373457
Lead Supervisor Sade Aliz, PsyD, D.O. - [email protected].

Warmest regards,
Dr. Mikey Lions
Board of PHMC Management

D.O. on Psychiatry
BA on Psychology

Mikey Lions
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Mikey Lions »

Application Status - Denied

Dear Dr. Myers,

We regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you the position of Resident Psychiatrist for the following reasons;
  • (( When interviewed, you must know your character's background well enough. Interviews are mainly based on that: seeing what is behind of the character. Basic information such as Bachelor's achievements and doctorates should be more than ready, along with fields of research, for instance. ))
  • (( There are some comments which were out of the equilibrium in the OOC level which made me understand that not enough research had been made. When any person applies to a faction, they need to research thoroughly the basics, at least. It's impossible to say "I find psychology a waste of time which works for not so smart people", since you are applying to a position where psychology is key. ))
  • (( You should take a look at what position you really feel yourself fit to! This, I believe, is the main reason for denial. A Resident Psychiatrist, within PHMC and as established in the responsibilities, normally deals with very complex psychiatric methods which include, normally always, medication like benzodiazepines, SSRIs, SNRIs, NDRIs, stimulants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers... Normally, this position is the highest position and people go in this order: Counseling Psychologist > Psychologist > Senior Psychologist > Resident Psychiatrist > Attending Psychiatrist. It is very rare for someone to be admitted in the Resident Psychiatrist right away, unless they show great understanding of the field. Do not get me wrong: we don't require the person to be psychologists or psychiatrists OOC (in fact, most of our psych staff are young like myself and not studying the field OOC), but we do need a very slight background research before. If you feel like this content is familiar to you, reapply again to the same position. ))
  • (( Many people get extremely angry when they receive this denial. Please, do not take it as any OOC attack! We are just making sure that PHMC gets good staff! :) We are quite careful with that. ))
You may reapply at any moment for this position again when you consider the points have been solved.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to reach out to Dr. Mikey Lions at [email protected] ((please, refrain from using Discord for this purpose)).

Kind regards,
Dr. Mikey Lions
Board of PHMC Management

D.O. on Psychiatry
BA on Psychology