Share Your Healthcare Story

Send a care compliment, share your healthcare story or submit a formal complaint here.

Moderator: Supervisors

Roan Roybal
Hospital Leadership
Hospital Leadership

Post by Roan Roybal »

The Significance of Sharing Healthcare Stories:
  • At Pillbox Hill Medical Center, we hold the belief that healthcare stories are not just records of medical events but are instead the living tapestries of human experiences interwoven with the threads of hope, resilience, and vulnerability. These narratives, whether they chronicle moments of triumph or trials of adversity, bear a profound significance that extends far beyond their individual storytellers.
    1. Inspire Others: Your personal journey can serve as a source of inspiration for those who are currently facing health-related challenges. By sharing how you navigated difficult circumstances, you can provide a beacon of hope.

2. Foster Connection: Sharing your story creates a sense of unity and belonging within our hospital. It allows patients, families, and healthcare professionals to connect on a human level, transcending the clinical environment.

3. Educate and Raise Awareness: Your narrative can serve as a powerful educational tool, shedding light on various medical conditions, treatment modalities, and healthcare experiences. By sharing your story, you contribute to a broader understanding of healthcare issues.

4. Celebrate Resilience: Every healthcare journey is marked by moments of triumph over adversity. By sharing your story, you allow us to celebrate your strength and determination, honoring the resilience of the human spirit.

How to Share Your Healthcare Story:
  • Sharing your healthcare story is an art, a medium through which you can convey your experiences, insights, and emotions with clarity and authenticity. The process of crafting and sharing your narrative at Pillbox Hill Medical Center is designed to honor the significance of your journey and ensure it resonates with others who may find solace, inspiration, or enlightenment in your words.
    1. Reflect on Your Journey
      • Before you embark on the journey of recounting your healthcare experience, take a moment to delve into the depths of your memories and emotions. Reflection is the foundation upon which your narrative will be built. Consider these aspects:
        • Start by describing the nature of the medical condition or health-related issue you or your loved one faced. This includes the circumstances surrounding the diagnosis — the moment when your healthcare journey began.

• Narrate the array of treatments, therapies, surgeries, or medical interventions that became integral to your healthcare journey. Illuminate the path you traversed, and elucidate how these interventions affected your path to recovery or stabilization.

• Identify and elucidate the most significant milestones, turning points, or breakthrough moments during your healthcare experience. These moments often become the compass points of your narrative, guiding readers through the twists and turns of your journey.

• Reflect on the enduring impact of your UCLA Health experience on your life or the life of your loved one. Consider the ways in which your interactions with our healthcare institution, staff, and resources have influenced your trajectory.

2. Submit Your Story:
      • Once you've meticulously thought about your healthcare narrative and have filled out the form, send a private message to our Office of Patience Experience (check template below) (NOTE: Add PHMC Senior Leadership, PHMC Leadership and PHMC Supervisors as recipients)
        • Ensure that all the information you provide is accurate and up-to-date, as it will be used for communication regarding your submission.

3. Review and Approval:
      • Once you have submitted your narrative, our team will meticulously review it to ensure that it aligns with our established guidelines. This careful review process is aimed at maintaining a safe, respectful, and supportive environment for all members of our healthcare team. If you choose, your story can be kept anonymous.
        • Please be patient during the review process, as our team endeavors to uphold the highest standards of quality and sensitivity.

4. Share Your Story:
      • Upon approval, your healthcare story will be featured on our "Patient Stories" thread. This will enable others within our healthcare ecosystem to access, read, and derive inspiration from your journey, other patients, families and visitors included. You are encouraged to share your story with your network, promoting a culture of compassion and understanding.
        • Feel free to disseminate your narrative through social media channels, emails, or discussions with fellow patients and their families.

Community Guidelines:
  • To maintain the integrity of our healthcare community and ensure that it remains a place of compassion and respect, we kindly request that all contributors adhere to the following community guidelines when sharing their healthcare stories:
    1. Safeguard sensitive personal information and refrain from disclosing identifiable details about individuals without their explicit consent.
      • Prioritize the privacy and confidentiality of yourself and others in your narrative.
    2. Share your healthcare journey truthfully and authentically, as your sincerity can serve as a beacon of hope for others.
      • Avoid embellishments or exaggerations in your storytelling.
    3. While acknowledging the challenges inherent to healthcare journeys, maintain a positive and supportive tone throughout your narrative.
      • Share how you found hope or positivity even in the most challenging moments of your healthcare experience.
    4. Acknowledge the diversity of experiences within our healthcare community and be mindful of differing perspectives and backgrounds.
      • Celebrate the tapestry of experiences and demonstrate empathy for the unique journeys of others.
    5. Exercise caution and refrain from offering medical advice or treatment recommendations. The dissemination of medical guidance should be entrusted to healthcare professionals.
      • If you wish to provide health-related information, specify that it is based on your personal experience and not professional medical advice.
Roan Roybal, MS, AGACNP, FAANP
Chief Nursing Officer
Email: [email protected]
Roan Roybal
Hospital Leadership
Hospital Leadership

Post by Roan Roybal »

Code: Select all

[divbox=white] [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Hxjt4M2.png[/img] [/center] [/divbox]
[br][/br]
[divbox=lightgrey] [color=#800000][b]1. Personal Information[/b][/color][/divbox]
[divbox=white]
[br][/br]
[list=none][b][b]1.1)[/b] Title:[/b] [i](select one)[/i]
[list=none][] Mr.
[*][] Mrs.
[*][] Ms.
[*][] Mx.
[*][] Other[/list]
[b]1.2)[/b] [b]Name:[/b]
[i]ANSWER[/i][br][/br]
[b]1.3)[/b] [b]Date of Birth:[/b]
[i]ANSWER[/i][br][/br]
[b]1.4)[/b] [b]Phone Number:[/b]
[i]ANSWER[/i][br][/br]
[b]1.5)[/b] [b]Email Address:[/b]
[i]ANSWER (( INCLUDE MAIN GTAW'S PROFILE NAME & DISCORD ))[/i][br][/br]
[/divbox]
[br][/br]
[divbox=lightgrey] [color=#800000][b]2. Healthcare Information[/b][/color][/divbox]
[divbox=white][br][/br][list=none][b]2.1)[/b] [b]Title of Your Story:[/b]
[i]ANSWER (Provide a brief and engaging title for your healthcare narrative)[/i][br][/br]
[b]2.2)[/b] [b]Medical Condition or Issue:[/b] 
[i]ANSWER (Describe the medical condition or health-related issue you or your loved one faced)[/i][br][/br]
[b]2.3)[/b] [b]Diagnosis Date:[/b]
[i]ANSWER (Date when the medical condition was diagnosed)[/i][br][/br]
[b]2.4)[/b] [b]Treatments and Interventions:[/b]
[i]ANSWER (Describe the treatments, therapies, surgeries, or interventions involved in your healthcare journey)[/i][br][/br]
[b]2.5)[/b] [b]Significant Milestones:[/b]
[i]ANSWER (Highlight the pivotal moments, turning points, or breakthroughs during your healthcare experience)[/i][br][/br]
[b]2.6)[/b] [b]Impact on Your Life:[/b]
[i]ANSWER (Explain how your PHMC experience influenced your life or the life of your loved one)[/i][br][/br]
[b]2.7) Do you wish to remain anonymous?[/b]
[list=none][] Yes
[] No[/list]
[b]2.8)[/b] [b]Your Narrative:[/b]
[quote][i]ANSWER (Compose your healthcare story here. Use descriptive language, share your emotions, and reflect on your journey. There is no word limit, but please be concise and respectful of privacy.)[/i][/quote]
[b]2.9)[/b] [b]Media:[/b]
[i]ANSWER (Provide links to relevant photos and/or videos to accompany your story. Include captions. N/A if you have none)[/i][/list][br][/br]
[/divbox]

1. Personal Information

• 1.1) Title: (select one)
    • [] Mr.
    • [] Mrs.
    • [] Ms.
    • [] Mx.
    • [] Other
    1.2) Name:
    ANSWER

1.3) Date of Birth:
    ANSWER

1.4) Phone Number:
    ANSWER

1.5) Email Address:
    ANSWER (( INCLUDE MAIN GTAW'S PROFILE NAME & DISCORD ))

2. Healthcare Information

• 2.1) Title of Your Story:
    ANSWER (Provide a brief and engaging title for your healthcare narrative)

2.2) Medical Condition or Issue:
    ANSWER (Describe the medical condition or health-related issue you or your loved one faced)

2.3) Diagnosis Date:
    ANSWER (Date when the medical condition was diagnosed)

2.4) Treatments and Interventions:
    ANSWER (Describe the treatments, therapies, surgeries, or interventions involved in your healthcare journey)

2.5) Significant Milestones:
    ANSWER (Highlight the pivotal moments, turning points, or breakthroughs during your healthcare experience)

2.6) Impact on Your Life:
    ANSWER (Explain how your PHMC experience influenced your life or the life of your loved one)

2.7) Do you wish to remain anonymous?
    • [] Yes
      [] No
    2.8) Your Narrative:
    ANSWER (Compose your healthcare story here. Use descriptive language, share your emotions, and reflect on your journey. There is no word limit, but please be concise and respectful of privacy.)
    2.9) Media:
    ANSWER (Provide links to relevant photos and/or videos to accompany your story. Include captions. N/A if you have none)

Roan Roybal, MS, AGACNP, FAANP
Chief Nursing Officer
Email: [email protected]