Hospital Vice President - Kaden Malik, MSN, FNP, NEA-BC, CV-BC

Moderator: Supervisors

Kaden Malik
Hospital Vice President
Hospital Vice President

Hospital Vice President - Kaden Malik, MSN, FNP, NEA-BC, CV-BC

Post by Kaden Malik »

Salam! My name is Kaden Malik, and I am a Palestinian-American, originally from Concord, New Hampshire. A while ago, I have obtained my certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Family Medicine (FNP) with the additional board certification in Cardiac Vascular Nursing (CV-BC), for which I found myself in excessive training recently. Further knowledge was obtained through the commitment at the cath lab. At Pillbox Hill Medical Center, I managed the nursing department, while still holding the board-certification Nurse Executive, Advanced Certification (NEA-BC), before being appointed the Hospital Vice President Hospital. Furthermore, I am a member of the Public Health Regulatory Committee within the Los Santos City Government as well as a member of the Medical Review Board.

In my free-time I enjoy riding one of my bikes. Other activities include but are not limited to swimming, jogging, and most importantly exploring people's stories, cultures, religions or regions.
As Henry Ford once said "Anyone who keeps learning stays young."

Education

• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
    • University: University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH

Duration: 4 years (2004-2008)

Certification: National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)

Honors and Achievements:
      • Summa Cum Laude

Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) - Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
    • University: University of Los Santos, Los Santos, SA

Duration: 27 months (2014-2017)

Certification: National certification in NP specialty (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners - AANP)

Thesis: The Differences Between Women and Men in the Length of Time Between Onset of Cardiac Symptoms and Undergoing a Cardiac Catheterization

Professional Experience

• Concord Hospital
    • Position: Volunteer

Duration: 4 years (2004-2008)

Accomplishments:
      • Built the ability to interact with patients in a compassionate and empathetic manner and forming meaningful connections with patients, helping to alleviate their concerns, and enhancing their overall hospital experience.
      • Gained early exposure to clinical environments, which was particularly important during my studies. This exposure included observing medical procedures, participating in patient rounds, and becoming familiar with hospital routines.
      • Learned practical clinical skills that were valuable for a nursing career. Also, mastered basic skills like taking blood pressure, administering medications under supervision, and dressing changes.

Concord Hospital
    • Position: Registered Nurse, Cardiology Unit

Duration: 6 years (2008-2014)

Accomplishments:
      • Developed a high level of clinical expertise in cardiology, including mastering the assessment and care of patients with cardiac conditions. And gained the ability to recognize and respond to cardiac symptoms, interpret ECGs, administer medications, and manage complex cardiac cases.

Pillbox Hill Medical Center (since October 2018)
    • Position: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)

Former Position: Chief Nursing Officer (2022-2023)

Additional Position: Hospital Vice President (since 2023)

Certification: National certification in Nurse Executive (NE-BC) (American Nurses Association - ANA)

Certification: National certification in Cardiac Vascular Nursing Certification (CV-BC) (American Nurses Association - ANA)

Accomplishments:
      • Advanced clinical skills, including the ability to diagnose and manage a wide range of acute and chronic medical conditions in patients of all ages.
      • Evolved proficiency in handling critical and emergency situations within a hospital setting. This includes managing patients in critical condition and participating in code responses.
      • Assumed leadership position in various teams throughout the timeframe and also partook in an array of committees to this day with the aim of improving the healthcare system in the state.
    • Strategic Initiatives:
      • Evidence-based medicine is essential for improving the quality, safety, and effectiveness of healthcare. It is the bridge between research findings and clinical practice, guiding healthcare providers to make well-informed decisions that benefit patients and the healthcare system as a whole. As such I am an advocate of students and interns collaborating with our facility in order to complete their education, most importantly their practical training. While overseeing the nursing department, I have presented the internship program and also introduced the volunteer program.
      • Teamwork makes the dreamwork. Recruitment is important and we welcome everyone within our team, which is in need of more men and women power. However, taking care of your own current team should not fade into the background. Listening, and engaging with hospital members is among my top priorities within my position.

Leadership Style

In an ongoing quest for professional growth, I myself, currently am pursuing certification in Emergency Care. This demonstrates my commitment to staying updated and gaining a broader skill set, which, in turn, elevates the standards of care at the hospital. At the same time, I find myself in the same position as all our newgrads joining us.
I embrace progress with open arms, making technological advancements and new healthcare procedures a seamless part of my strategy. Pillbox Hill Medical Center's guidance, is quick to adapt to the evolving landscape of healthcare. I firmly believe that progress is a collective journey, with every member of the team playing a pivotal role. Collaboration is at the core of my leadership philosophy. I understand that in the intricate web of healthcare, no one can work in isolation. As such my open-door policy welcomes innovative ideas, and shall encourage collective brainstorming, and values diverse perspectives. Whether it's an valued staff member, a fresh face in the hospital or an outsider, I nurture a sense of belonging and active participation, which is why I try to make my weight felt in the diverse committees I find myself in. So, join me on the various projects I work on and lets pioneer our healthcare system in San Andreas.

Vision for the Hospital

Pillbox Hill Medical Center has come a long way, but we are nowhere near where we aim to be. In the heart of a city full with challenges, there lies a hospital that transcends the conventional boundaries of healthcare. It is a place of hope, a sanctuary for healing, and a bastion of healthcare innovation. This unique vision has been masterfully crafted driven by an unwavering commitment to redefine the boundaries of healthcare.

The hospital's most valuable asset is its team of healthcare professionals. These experts don't just treat; they connect with patients on a profound level, offering solace and healing in the truest sense. I am committed to creating an environment where my medical team thrives, motivated by a shared vision.

My vision doesn't focus on the immediate present but extends into the future. Pillbox Hill is a living legacy that will stand the test of time. As we tirelessly work towards this vision, we are fueled by the knowledge that we are crafting a healthcare haven for generations to come.

Personal Statement

My roots extend all the way to a broken, neglected, forgotten and failed state. I have seen damage, discrimination, racism, apartheid, life and death in one. Hoping for a better future, with peace and hope for everyone — even for the little ones, in places one might believe they are worth nothing. May our collective efforts and unwavering commitment to understanding, compassion, and unity pave the path to a world where peace reigns, where borders dissolve in the light of cooperation, and where the gentlest whispers drown out the loudest guns. Together, we can make a world where all voices are heard, all hearts are embraced, and all conflicts find resolution in the tranquil gardens of peace.

I see a world where access to quality care is a fundamental right, not a privilege. We envision a system that thrives on innovation, where the latest medical breakthroughs are accessible to all. We dream of a society where health and well-being are nurtured from birth, and where compassionate, patient-centered care is the norm. Our vision is to build a healthier world, where every life is valued, and where healthcare is not just a service but a beacon of hope for all.

Education is the cornerstone of a brighter, healthier future for all. Educating oneself has not been easier than ever. Try it. Experience it. You will not regret it.

Contact Information

Hospital Vice President
Kaden Malik, MSN, FNP, CV-BC
Internal Medicine 💉